This release is mostly a bug fix release. It will probably be the last release for quite some time. I have started a new project (a BitTorrent client for KDE), and will focus on that project for the time being.
KMusicManager version 1.1 has been released. A whole bunch of bug fixes and a new database tree are among the changes in this version. A major internal overhaul of the code has also happened. Finally the database can't get corrupt anymore (this happened when KDE was shutting down and kmusicmanager didn't have enough time to save it).
I should also mention that I created a new icon, it isn't very special but I'm not an artist, and I didn't have much inspiration. It's based upon the knotify icon.
Some bug fixes and some new features, resulted in the release of KMusicManager 1.0.2 . Here's a short overview of the new features :
- A file renamer
- The tageditor adds an autosave feature (you don't need to click on save anymore)
- The tageditor can also strip unnecessary whitespace at the beginning and end of tag information
- The directory monitor should be able to handle anything (renaming files caused trouble in the previous version)
Get it at the download page.
This release fixes some bugs from the 1.0 release. Some crashes have been fixed. Directory monitoring works for all directories now.
KMusicManager 1.0 released
KMusicManager 1.0 main features are :
- Manages your music collection of MP3, Ogg-Vorbis and FLAC files.
- Monitors directories for new songs.
- You can edit the tags of your songs.
- Create playlists, using drag and drop.
- You can choose what KMusicManager plays next by dragging and dropping songs into the play queue.
For a full list of features, goto the features page.